Step 1: Login to your WHMCS Account.
Step 2: Navigate to Setup.
- 2.1 Navigate to Setup > Products/Services > Products/Service
- 2.2 Here you will find a list of products that you have already created. If you have not done so yet, you can create a new product by following these instructions.
- 2.3 Click on the Product to open up the settings page. Then click on the Module Settings tab. This section lets you configure how the order will be provisioned and activated once it is placed by the customer.
- 2.4 From the Module Name drop-down menu select the type of server you’re using.
The options you will see depend upon the module chosen, and more info specific to each module can be found in the Provisioning Modules section.
If a product has no specific module to be linked to then you can set it to “Autorelease” in order to have the activation simulated and therefore welcome email sent automatically.
There are 4 automation settings to choose from for product activation and they are:
- Automatically setup the product as soon as an order is placed – this will setup instantly.
- Automatically setup the product as soon as the first payment is received – this will provision the order once it is paid by the customer.
- Automatically setup the product when you manually accept a pending order – this will setup the order only when the order is manually accepted by the admin.
- Do not automatically setup this product – never auto setup the product – Admins can manually initiate the setup from the client profile.