As a VPS customer, you may have been looking for a way to increase your overall hosting performance and website. Optimisation is tantamount to any website’s continued success in the arena of UX and functionality. VPS is a powerful hosting solution made possible by the nature of the server.
Your virtual server ensures that your website is given all the necessary resources to function at optimum speeds, and ensures a built-in layer of protection, full scalability and an affordable price point.
Perhaps you’ve been interested in optimising your website on your VPS plan and you haven’t been sure how to go about doing that. Well, look no further than Web Host Manager – WHM for VPS hosting.
Table of Contents
What is WHM and who is it for?
Web Host Manager or WHM guarantees that your website always runs smooth, maintenance and upkeep remain manageable.
WHM works in tandem with cPanel to assist you in managing your domains and all accounts on your server. It provides administrative shortcuts and tasks that simplify your website management experience.
Additionally, you could opt for Reseller Hosting with WHM. Reseller Hosting is a type of hosting where an individual or company purchases hosting services from a hosting provider—then rebrands and packages those hosting services to be sold to their customers. In a nutshell, with reseller hosting, you become a hosting provider and with white label hosting as a feature you are able to create your own hosting company without the technical headaches. You can create your own logo and fully brand all the services. The best part is that WHM helps to make all of this possible for you. For more on Reseller Hosting, you can read this blog post here.
In this article, we’re going to outline the various ways that WHM will make running your website that much easier and how seamless it integrates with VPS.
Web Host Manager Benefits on VPS
WHM and VPS hosting was designed to give website owners more control of their website(s). This is important especially for those website owners that aren’t technically savvy and require more help in managing a VPS server and monitoring their website.
WHM is an integral addition to your VPS package if you plan or are managing multiple websites. Why? WHM helps you to pool your resources and consolidate them so that you can create and manage more than one cPanel.
Other benefits include:
- WHM allows you to host other websites on your server and convert it into a business venture by selling this service. In fact, it’s used with reseller hosting packages.
- Allows for streamlining credit card and payment processing on your website. Especially where multiple websites are concerned. Because you need to have an SSL Certificate installed in order to receive credit card payments online, due to the encryption power the certificates provide hackers are unable to pilfer your client’s confidential data. Without WHM you’d need a separate IP address for each SSL certificate and each website would require its own cPanel. A WHM makes this easier.
- Manage each distinct website into various categories. You can separate cPanels for your business sites and personal websites.
- With WHM you get increased security for your websites because of the built-in layer of protection against hackers. If one website is compromised the other websites on the server will not be affected in an attack. Minimising the potential damage unlike with a shared environment.
- Increase the privacy to avoid data mining by securing information separately for multiple sites.
- Don’t worry about exceeding bandwidth allowances. WHM monitors your usage and adjustment it automatically to ensure that websites are getting what they need and they never go over. This way, you don’t pay more for bandwidth unless needed.
Eliminate the headache of handling multiple websites on one cPanel. Sure, you can keep it straight if necessary but it can become cumbersome and files can easily get mixed up if you don’t execute regular updates.
Tools that come with WHM
If you get a web host manager, it will come with numerous tools. Each one has value and utility for website owners and includes:
- Full capability to control your website and reset passwords if needed.
- Create new cPanel accounts as needed, in addition, you have the ability to delete cPanel accounts, or suspend them when applicable.
- Manage customer support ticket request through cPanel.
- Add branding to your hosting and control panels to ensure a seamless professional aesthetic.
- Change user names and domain names for your reseller hosting clients without hassle.
- Get real-time server status update permissions.
- Get more features and functionality for less.
A Summary of What WHM Does:
- WHM comes outfitted with a suite of tools to easily do the following things:
- Create, delete, and suspend your cPanel accounts.
- Manage and monitor your websites including password resets.
- Access to check and modify all of your domains’ DNS zones.
- The capability to configure your own customers’ support requests through cPanel.
- Authorisation to check the server information and status.
- Capability to create your own custom default page when you create a new account.
- Access to customise your hosting and customer control panels with your extensive branding.
- Capability to modify your client domain names and user names.
- Switch between every cPanel on your account and access/change anything that does not require SQL access.
- Root WHM users get additional tools, as well.
The Bottom Line
If want to operate multiple websites on your VPS server or want to get into reseller hosting then WHM is an excellent investment. When you add Web Host Manager to your VPS get a powerful web management tool that will secure a smooth running and professional web experience for you and your clients.